My aunt and my two cousins moved into a new house about a year ago. Well, it was new to them; the house itself is actually pretty old. And of course, what comes along with an older house is an older furnace and an ancient central air system. The inefficiency of the furnace and the air conditioning has been the least of their worries, though. And even the heating and air conditioning bills, though extra high, have not been the biggest issue that my aunt and cousins have had. No, the worst part about this house has been the fact that my aunt and my cousins have been sick since they moved in! No one could figure out what the problem actually was, but all three of them had headaches almost non-stop. They would also experience unexplained nausea and dizziness on a regular basis. Well, my aunt started thinking that maybe her house was haunted or something! She was really starting to panic. I suggested that maybe before she called in a priest or a couple of ghost-hunters, she should call one of our local HVAC companies and make an appointment for them to come and check out the state of the house’s old furnace and air conditioning. She took my advice and when the HVAC techs came out and checked the furnace, they found that there was a sizable leak in the furnace. Carbon monoxide was actually leaking out into their house on a regular basis and they had no idea it was what was causing all of their headaches! Thank goodness they listened to my advice and had the HVAC technicians out to test the furnace.