Buying a new house is a lot of fun, but it can also be a bit stressful at times. My husband and I recently purchased a home after three months of trying to decide between two houses that we absolutely loved. The house that we ended up buying doesn’t have central air like the other house, but it does have a nice inground pool. We chose the pool over the central air conditioning system because the house is small, and we knew that we could keep it cool with just a window unit. So after we purchased the house, we bought a window AC unit and installed it. It worked very well, and kept the house at the perfect temperature. It would even cool our bedroom down if I kept the door open. All was fine and dandy for about two months when we woke up one morning to a really warm house. It literally felt like a sona. I walked over to the air conditioner after noticing that it wasn’t running, but I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it until I looked down at the cord. It was chewed in half. You see, we let the dog sleep in the living room during the night, and somehow he managed to chew right through the air conditioner’s cord.. To this day, I have no clue how he chewed through the entire cord and wasn’t killed of electric shock. All I know is that my poor air conditioner will never be the same again. Thankfully, my husband was able to rewire it together, but it will never be as pretty as it once was.