Burning smell with the HVAC

I had a bit of a problem with my HVAC device not too long ago. I actually do my best to maintain it well, but it would seem that some of the parts were starting to seize up as well as not function the way they were supposed to. It was about a month before I properly would have my a/c device checked for the summer, but something made me think to call out the HVAC girl a little sooner! There was this smell in the air that was rather concerning to myself and others whenever the a/c device was running. It seemed to be electrical for the most part. I have to admit that I did not attend to it instantly, but the afternoon after I first noticed it, it legitimately starting to get especially bad. I decided that I needed to go to check the air filter. There didn’t seem to be any blockage, so that easily wasn’t the problem. I figured it was best to shut all the equipment down completely as well as get a hold of an HVAC specialist to find out where the burning electrical scent was actually stemming from… When the HVAC specialist arrived, she instantly recognized the lingering electrical smell. She started looking around the various mechanical parts of my HVAC device as well as eventually discovered what the actual setback was. The indoor blower motor had overheated as a result of faulty bearings, as well as the excessive heat had begun to melt some of the wiring inside the system. It honestly could have turned into a pretty serious fire hazard, as well as I was sincerely thankful that I called out the HVAC specialist when I did as well as shut off the device until she arrived!

want more